Thursday, September 1, 2011

Whats up Miami

Oh man... SO much has happened since my last post.  This blog thing is so hard to keep track of!  I feel like I could write 12 pages each night about the kind of day I had.... So i guess it is a good thing I have no time, cuz anyone following me would be bored to death.  Ok so I take back what I said.  I AM THANKFUL FOR HAVING NO TIME!  (I think I have lost a bit of my mind since the drive out here and the constant go go go).

OK, so to the real deal of the blog.  My daddy and I drove across America in my beloved PT Cruiser.  Everyone knows that my Cruiser has never been 100%, so why would this trip be any different?  My car decided it did not want to go in reverse anymore.  So the entire road trip (all 4 days), my dad and i would either be pushing the car back into spots, or scoping out the slopes of the parking lot, and just rrooollliiinnnggggg back into spots.  It was pretty ridiculous, allowed people to give us strange looks, but it made for a good laugh every time we had to park.  And if anyone knows my dad, this was something he truly enjoyed.

So after a real easy drive across the states (had some good food, good company, and no drive felt like eternity).... We ended up in MIAMI!!  I am living in Little Haiti with three other housemates.  2 from Ohio, and 1 from California.  They are pretty cool thus far.  We actually met just yesterday (Wednesday) at the fingerprint place... I have NO IDEA how that even happened, but its was awesome.
I am living basically in an enclosed back porch.  4 cement walls, cement floor, and four walls with windows.  No airconditioning, one tiny light, one outlet, a gate like door, and bug infested.  Now after 3 days of straight work... the windows are replaced, the screens are replaced, there is a solid door in addition to the iron gate door, still no air, still one tiny light, and still one outlet..... the bugs are always going to our friends at the house.  Maybe not my room, but roaches, mice, and ants will find their way into the house.... Yuck. But anyway..... My room still need some TLC and a few posters, and colors, and pictures.... and its going to be SO COOL!  I can see it now.... oooooo it looks so good!

The community I am staying in (Little Haiti) is so legit.  We had a community meeting tonight, and the people I am surrounded with are so amazing.  They are all living together with the same ideas in mind... To live simply, peacefully, and in harmony.  It is great.  ALSO, the greatest most amazing thing about where I am living..... its called The Farm... wanna know why??  CUZ MY BACKYARD IS A FARM! There are geese, turkeys, roosters, chickens, ducks, emus, goats, and a pig!  It is so awesome!  The are loud, crazy, and eat everything.  I look outside of my window... and I see these beautiful creatures.  They are so wonderful. Of course, I LOVE THE PIG.  His name is Pumpkin, and he is miiiiiine.  The community just does not know it yet :]

I am so directionally challenged in Miami, that it is ridiculous.  Every street is a number... Grrrrr. Thank goodness I have a TomTom :]

Well... Tomorrow morning my daddy is leaving back to California.  It has been so great having him around.  He has been so helpful in so many ways, and he has also been relaxing company.  We get along so well!  So tomorrow I will officially be on my own.... It will be interesting, but I am so excited.

I am so happy.  Thank you Mother Father God, my friends, and everyone who is supporting me through this journey!  Off to bed.... :]

Till Next Time
Love always
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I love your positive outlook, almost as much as I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful experience. Hope God blesses you with a continued great time, and the wisdom to know that hard times will pass whne they arrive. I am praying for you everyday.

    ReplyDelete